Friday, March 23, 2018

Bubs Upcycle Project (U.P.)

(This is definitely a play on words that references one of my favorite Disney movies, as well as suite the motto for my RV trip, "Adventure is out there.")

In my efforts to downsize prior to moving into an RV... I wanted to do so in an environmentally friendly way.

I have 4 boxes addressed to different people with things I have been meaning to send and other things I think they would like.

I made a doggie bed out of clothes I don't wear, stuffed it full of shredded clothes and the stuffing from a pillow I cut up. (I feel like I have too many pillow I don't need, that are also very old...). I'm very happy she's got 3 dogs. This will help me a lot. The filling contains a lot of old clothes from my childhood that felt kind of therapeutic to cut up. It also ensured that I didn't try to retrieve them. It helps me know that my old clothes won't end up in a landfill if I happen to donate it and they don't take it.



I was looking up things to do with old jeans yesterday.

Today, I was thinking that I need a pencil case like this for my makeup brushes and eyeliners, etc:

https://www.amazon.com/OOKU-Wool-Canvas-Pencil-Wrap/dp/B071XDBJYY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1521812760&sr=8-9&keywords=roll+up+pencil+holder+case

But the problem with this is that it's a fixed size and ideally I'd want one to fit my whole make up arsenal.

So here's my idea of the day, make my own pencil/makeup holder with a pair of old jeans and the elastic I have in one of my drawers. (If you do not own elastic, I've noticed from the doggie bed, is that there's elastic in a handful of pants).

Because seriously who's going to sit there and count the number of slots they may potentially need?

Obviously, I can spent 0 time and about 5-10 bucks to buy something that is not 100% what I'm looking for/need, or I can make something that is tailored for my own personal needs.

I always wanted a holder that is organized in the order I do my makeup, brushes I use first, then the pencils, brow, eye, lip. In that order... brilliant...

I'm going to leave this post "undone" will add some pictures later.


No comments:

Post a Comment