Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Humbled:

April 1st will mark my 6th complete year on MFC. I've been non-nude in public chat for the majority of these 6 years. Last year this time, I experienced a very traumatizing situation where the aggressor turned out to be one of my top supporters.

In this year I've experienced the most love and model support: ever. Models whom have opened their arms, hearts and homes to me.

I've met models who are so secure with what we do, they just glow with beauty and self-esteem. I admire that so much.

In this time, I've been struggling more than I have ever financially, so I made the choice to move away from being a non-nude model. I'm quite proud of this change because I was born and raised in a very conservative Chinese culture. I'm starting to feel proud of my body instead of shame, but this is not a linear experience. Bad days get to me and I feel very insecure.

Last night I went on the Twitter rant because I felt lost in regards to how to be a nude model in public chat. The response from models was flooring. I instantly had so many models tweeting me, telling me their experience and making suggestions. It gave me so many ideas, and more importantly, it gave me Hope.

Today I woke up feeling refreshed, but I also realized, I don't think I quite fully understood just how lucky I was to have had the success that I did in the past.

So 6 years later, I am still learning, growing, and trying to be a better me. Thank you all so much for your support. For the first time in a long time, my tears are out of joy and appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment