Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Clark:

I've always loved Superman but I realized when the world sees a hero, we tend to forget the man. So I decided to ironically name this Superman piece "Clark".

I took this time-lapse 06/06/17 which is when this painting started. I love to get topless, drink and paint on cam.

I also like to sign certain pieces with my "DNA" previously saliva. This was the first piece I signed with my blood and then covered with white paint. By the time I signed this I was extremely intoxicated. But I find drunken topless painting sessions to be extremely therapeutic. I signed it with my blood because it's a way to authenticate a piece of artwork and I consider my art to be horcuxes, this only deepened the symbolism. The act of literally bleeding onto this canvas was the only thing I saw fit to do because of how I felt in that moment.

I've made some changes to the painting since this video was filmed while streaming on MFC. The cape was extremely dark and unfitting, so I lightened it up and cleaned him up a bit with a brush.

It currently hangs on my wall as I decide whether I want to work on it more or put it on etsy.

Eventually this will make it's way to abandonedbyBubs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment