Sunday, December 18, 2016

How I Met Your Mother:

This has to be one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

I love it because I originally related to Ted growing up (this hopeless romantic on the search for true love) but as the show progressed, I got older and more jaded, I knew I was Robin.

A girl who's family wished she was a boy, one that was raised with the mentality that she was as strong as a boy. Someone who loved her independence and to travel the world, not to mention dogs, scotch, and guns, while being a Canadian.

I love this show because *spoiler alert* the show from the very first episode till the very last was always about her.

It's a show that tells a story about love and finding love, and the fact that we don't have to have one true love in our life, but we can have many. Not only can we have more than one, sometimes a relationship may not work in the moment but it doesn't mean that it will never work down the line.

I simply love the fact that Ted has always envisioned kids, Robin can't have kids. That in itself is perfect because they got everything out of life that they wanted and still ended up together. Ted got the family and kids he wanted. Robin got the life she wanted traveling the world reporting the news. At the end of it all, they lived the life that they wanted, and they also got the person they wanted to grow old together.

This story will never make me not cry. I've watched this series more than a handful of times and it will never get old, just like The Princess Bride because a story about true love never gets old.

A lot of HIMYM fans hate on this ending because of the title of the show "How I Met Your MOTHER" but really they are not seeing it for what the story is saying, the grand plan of it being about the fact that love can exist but it might not work until another time and place. The fact that the kids were filmed saying the lines that they did 9yrs prior to the end date, showed how they always wanted the show to end the way it did. It wasn't an ending that they came up with mid-series.

As I revisit all my favorite movies and shows, I am noticing a common theme of "true love". Charmed, The Princess Bride, How to Steal a Million, How I Met Your Mother...

I'm not sure I ever noticed how my favorite viewings had the theme of love.

Maybe this is my heart's way of reminding my brain why love is kind and it is patient.

And ultimately it is a reminder to never ever give up on love, and finding true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment